New Sun Yu-A leading manufacturer of metal slot cabinets in Taiwan
部落格首頁
全部文章列表
最新消息
德國新增VR景點
Swintt在Lone Rider XtraWays™中推出新的機械
SPREE網絡研討增強雷射槍景點優勢的掌握
iGB Live!團隊在倫敦獨家海灘舉辦夏季社交活動!
第31屆澳洲AGE展延期至明年舉辦
美國購物商場新增VR場地
出刊了!最新一期《GTI國際專刊》讓您先睹為快!
巴林最大室內娛樂中心開幕
XR Casino為博彩平台注入VR元素
美國營運商接續開設新的家庭娛樂中心
點閱率
4,857 人次
文章內容
Italy Seeks Millions in Concordia Disaster Damages


Officials for Italy's Tuscany region and the island of Giglio said on Monday they would seek a total of 220 million euros ($274 million) in damages from Costa Cruises, a unit of Carnival Corp, for the 2012 Concordia cruise liner disaster.


The Costa Concordia was carrying more than 4,000 passengers and crew when it struck rocks off the Tuscan island of Giglio and capsized, killing 32 people.


The ship remained partially submerged near the port of the holiday island for more than two years before being raised and towed away this year in one of the largest and most complex maritime salvages ever completed.


"We will ask Costa for 30 million euros in damages to Tuscany's image," the region's president, Enrico Rossi, told a court in the Tuscan city of Grosseto, according to a statement.


Rossi said the region had registered a decline in tourism, and that Giglio had lost 45,000 visitors due to the disaster.


A consultant to Giglio's local government, Carlo Scarpa, asked the same court for 190 million euros in damages, most of it for tarnishing the island's image, according to a source present during the proceedings.


The two officials spoke during an ongoing trial against Concordia Captain Francesco Schettino, who is being tried for multiple charges, including manslaughter, causing a shipwreck and abandoning ship.


"To reconstruct the image of Tuscany as a top tourist destination will require years of work, substantial investments and costly national and international advertising campaigns," Rossi said.


Costa Cruises last year avoided a criminal trial by agreeing to pay a 1 million-euro fine to the Italian state, but victims and local administrations have pursued damages separately.


Shortly after the January 2012 shipwreck, Costa Cruises also agreed to pay about 11,000 euros to each of the more than 3,000 passengers for items lost and any psychological damages to passengers who suffered no physical injuries.


Sources involved in the trial say a verdict may be read during the first few months of next year.


Copyright Reuters 2014.